Thinking about eating healthier? Let me help by sharing my favorite go to chicken and peppers recipe…..
The biggest question I had when I decided to incorporate healthier meals was “What do I cook?” I think this is the biggest obstacle for many people when starting out. I’m still trying to come up with simple but healthy meals for my family and me.
One of the places I get ideas from is my local supermarket. They offer meat selections that are already cut, seasoned, and have the veggies done for you too. Now, I’m all for the ready to go meals but I’m not quite excited about the price.
Other places to get ideas from are Pinterest, Instagram, friends, and family. Use all your resources and then add your touch to it. Always keep it simple because if it’s to complicated you won’t want to make it. Last thing you want to do is leave work and come home to cook a complicated meal.
Eating healthy doesn’t necessarily mean stop eating everything you love, just eat smaller portions more frequently. I eat about 4 oz of meat and load up on salad and veggies. I always thought by eating healthier, I would stay hungry. It’s actually quite the opposite.
Let’s get to this simple chicken and peppers meal…
*Peppers (which ever color you desire)
*Onion ( I like Spanish onions)
*Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Adobo, Sazon, and black pepper (you can use your own seasonings)
1. Clean , cut and season your chicken. Then cover it and let it marinate for about 20 minutes.
2. Pour about a tablespoon of olive oil into a pan and make sure it coats the bottom of the pan.
3. When it’s nice and hot, add your peppers. I like to add my peppers first because they take longer to saute than the onions. After about 2 minutes, add your onions to the pan. You can add salt and peppers if you like. I like to let the natural flavors come out. Then place the veggies in a bowl and set aside.
4. Add your chicken to the pan and cook. When the chicken it half done, place your peppers and onions back inside the pan. Let everything cook together.
* Remember you can mix up your seasonings every time you make this meal.