We are talking about getting healthy meal planning and weight loss tips on today.
Today, I have officially lit the fire under my bum and made a commitment to myself that I am going to try my hardest to eat healthy and exercise. We all know the importance of eating right and exercising everyday. With “life” that may be hard sometimes. We usually have to hit rock bottom or not fit in any of our clothes before we decide to do something.
My “enough” moment was yesterday. The way my belly felt over the car seat belt made me want to cry. I went straight to the supermarket and made a conscious effort to purchase healthier foods and more fruit. Even after purchasing all that, I had to make sure I make good choices. The only way I would be sure to eat healthy is if I prepared healthy meals for the week ahead of time.
I made 10 meals (9 shown cause my son ate one) and fruit was divided into 1/2 cup portions. The items purchased were fat free and/or low sodium.
Snacks for the week:
* Green grapes
* Jello W/ a dab of whip cream
* Fat free Yogurt
Breakfast Meals for the week:
* 3 Hard boiled eggs (white only)
* 3 Scrambled eggs with spinach and whole wheat toast. I have 1 yolk and the other two are just egg whites.
Lunch Meals for the week:
* Extra Lean ground turkey (seasoned in low sodium Taco Bell taco seasoning , Fat free refried beans, shredded Mexican cheese and fat free sour cream.
You can eat this alone or in a bed of lettuce. I am going to have it on a bed of raw spinach.
* Grilled chicken (on the BBQ grill), Sweet potatoes, and steamed broccoli
* Extra Lean ground turkey balls w/ onions and peppers inside (cooked in oven), Sweet potatoes and broccoli
Here are some tips I have learned from doing research, friends and following body builders
*You have to burn 3,500 calories to loose 1 pound
*You want to eat every 2-3 hours small portions
*Always have a cheat day but make sure its earned.
* Keep a food diary but you have to be honest. No cheating!!
* You want a ratio of 40% Protein, 40% Carbs and 20% good fats