Dessert recipes are the best and today I’m sharing with you my friends Monkey Bread Recipe…..
Over the weekend, my friend Jen came over to make my family her amazing monkey bread recipe. I had a tiny piece one day and I’ve been obsessing over it ever since. Now I must warn you!!! This recipe is NOT HEALTHY and if you’re diabetic, you need to stay far away. This recipe will put you in a sugar coma. With that being said, I still made it and consumed more then I should in one sitting. If you’re going to make this recipe, I suggest making it for a party or some type of gathering. This way you won’t be tempted to eat more then you should.
Let’s get started with the recipe…
You will need:
3 cans of Grands Honey Butter Biscuits
1/2 cup White Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cinnamon
1 Bundt cake mold
1 medium size bowl
1. Mix the white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
2. Open the Grands biscuits and cut each biscuit in four pieces. Then coat each biscuit piece in the mixture.
3. Then place the coated biscuit pieces into the bundt cake mold
4. When the biscuits reach the half way mark, add 1/2 teaspoon scoops of butter all around then continue filling up the bundt cake mold with more biscuits. Repeat when you get to the top.
5. Pre-heat oven 350 degrees. Cook for about 20-25 minutes.
When we made my Monkey Bread recipe, I had to add something under the bottom. The butter was dripping out onto the bottom of the oven and let’s just say, there was a lot of smoke…Lol
I had to remove the top layer after 20 minutes because the middle wasn’t cooking as fast as the top. I did use 3 cans of biscuits and a small bundt cake mold. Keep in mind this will grow so don’t over pack the biscuits in the bundt cake mold. I know for next time…
6. When your Monkey Bread is done, you want to flip the bundt cake over so the bottom of the Monkey Bread is on the top of the dish.
You can add your favorite nuts in the beginning or you can top it off with some ice cream like I did.
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe! Don’t forget to subscribe by e-mail so you don’t miss any future post I do. The link is on the top of the blog page on the right. See you next time